5 Drinks to Burn Fat for Summer
Summer is here and it is time to keep your tummy trim to feel confident to dress in your summer skimpies on the beach, in the park, or anywhere you can catch some sun for that much needed Vitamin D!
I thought I'd share my favourite drinks that keep you slim by boosting your metabolism, triggering your body to shed fat, and keep you full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and hydrated for good skin.
If you get the necessary ingredients at a health food store (or online), you can keep them in a drawer in your desk and whip up a healthy beverage in less than 5 minutes.
Full of vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fibre. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning helps to balance the body's pH, stabilize your metabolism, cleanse your bowels, fight infection, and detox your liver. (I drink lemon water three times a day.)
1. Add a few slices of fresh lemon (or bottled lemon/lime juice) to a bottle of water.
2. Drink 750 ml when you first wake up before the gym. Room temperature water is better than iced water.
3. Drink another two 750 ml throughout the day.
Full of caffeine to give you energy for early morning workouts and chemicals that tell your body to burn fat, plus creatine to give your muscles motivating bulk. Drink a small cup after you have had half of your Lemon Water to stay hydrated.
1. Pour yourself a small cup of strong filter coffee.
2. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon.
3. Add a teaspoon of agave nectar.
4. Add a teaspoon of creatine.
5. Stir and consume 20 minutes prior to the gym.
6. Drink the rest of your Lemon Water on your way to the gym.
Simple Summer Smoothie
Full of protein, fibre, vitamins (B, C, D), minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants. It helps you build muscle, stay full longer, and shed fat.
1. Pour 200 ml of skimmed milk in a shaker (or blender if you have one at work).
2. Add a teaspoon of bee pollen (I like the freeze dried variety in a jar from Whole Foods).
3. Add two tablespoons of fat free yogurt (I like strawberry).
4. Add a teaspoon of milled flax seed.
5. Add a teaspoon of honey.
6. Add some frozen mixed berries (if you have a blender).
7. Add a scoop of your favourite protein powder.
8. Add 50 ml of orange juice.
9. Shake until smooth.
Iced Green Tea with Honey
Full of antioxidants, enzymes, and chemicals that tell your body to ditch the fat. It also improves circulation, memory, and your immune system.
1. Choose your favourite green tea. I'm really into Lipton's Apple & Pear infused Green Tea at the moment.
2. Brew the teabag in a large mug of hot water until it is richly brewed.
3. Take the teabag out and put the mug in the fridge to cool down.
4. Once it's cool, add some honey to your taste. (The enzymes break down if the water is too hot!)
5. Pour over ice or enjoy cold from the mug.
Full of enzymes and chemicals that triggers your body to lose fat. This drink helps to stabilize the sugar levels in your body and is a great alternative to dessert when you are craving something sweet after lunch. It is also very hydrating. It is so simple, but absolutely delicious!
1. Add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon to a mug of hot water.
2. Once it has cooled, add a tablespoon of honey. (The enzymes break down if the water is too hot!)