Ginger Tumeric Carrot Soup Recipe
SHA Wellness Clinic's nutrition expert Melanie Waxman has shared this anti-inflammatory healthy soup recipe that supports gut health, strengthens the immune system and gets you glowing from the inside out!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ leek rinsed and finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger grated
- 6-8 carrots, rinsed and sliced on the angle about ½ inch thick
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-inch piece of turmeric root grated (or use ½ teaspoon ground)
- 4 cups (1 quart) spring water
- 1 inch strip kombu sea vegetable
- 2 tablespoons white miso diluted in a little water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley, cilantro or seeds for garnish
- Place the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic, minced ginger, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, salt, cinnamon and turmeric and cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and kombu, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are very soft, About 20 minutes.
- Remove the kombu and puree soup in a high speed blender.
- Return the soup to the heat and warm until simmering.
- Turn off heat and add the diluted miso. Mix gently and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, cilantro or seeds- can add a little more grated ginger for a stronger flavour.
From day one they have been of good advices and they paid attention to my wishes. I am so glad I listen to their advices and decided to go to Vana.
Vana was unbelievable. My experience there was life-changing. It was way over any of my expectations. The quality of life, the people, the staff, the quality of the treatments, the profesionalism and knowledge of their specialists, the food, etc. It was fantastic!
I have learned so much on so many levels: mentally, spiritually, in terms of nutrition, health, etc.
The Healing Holiday team is so professional and dedicated. They show you that they care and this is the biggest added value for me."