Hot Beetroot Soup With Feta By Euphoria
Taking inspiration from the ancient Greek word for Earth (Γαία), the GAIA restaurant at Euphoria offers a blend of regionally inspired contemporary Greek and Mediterranean dishes, with an emphasis on simplicity, healthy living and flavour. Their passionate team has nurtured a relationship with local farmers, producers and winemakers, to create a menu that uses seasonal products from organic and responsible farms whenever possible. Discover their warming recipe for beetroot soup with feta that will have you glowing both inside and outside.
Ingredients for 4 servings
50g Red Onion
10g Lemon Thyme
60g Green Apple
150ml Vegetable Stock
30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
30g Coconut butter
100g Green Apple diced for decoration
120g Beetroot boiled and diced for decoration
150g Feta cheese for crumble
20g Dried Oregano
50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cut all the vegetables into large cubes.
2. Add the olive oil, coconut butter and the onion, celery, leek, carrot and potatoes to a large pot
3. Sauté for 2 minutes
4. Add the peeled and diced beetroot
5. Add vegetable stock
6. Let it simmer untill the beetroot is soft enough to blend it
7. Add the mixture in a blender and mix it until it is smooth
8. Pass the soup through a sieve and serve it hot
9. Chop the feta cheese into small pieces, mix it with dried oregano and a few drops extra virgin olive oil.
10. Line the mixture on a tray and cook for 10 minutes in 180⁰C
11. Let it cool down and brake it into big chunks
12. Mix the diced green apple and the diced beetroot and place them in the middle of the dish
13. Top soup with feta crumble
If you would like to know more about what Euphoria has to offer, call our wellness advisors at 02078433597 or enquire here to arrange your stay.