How to Prepare for a Detox at Absolute Sanctuary
Absolute Sanctuary have shared their pre-cleanse recommendations to make sure you are spa-ready and in the best position to reap the benefits of your detox.
Planning for your Detox
Preparing before you leave for your detox is almost as important as embarking on the detox itself, so planning to include a few lifestyle changes before and after your cleanse is recommended to maximise the results. You may be able to plan your life either side of the detox to easily avoid heavy foods and enjoy a diet consisting primarily of fruits and vegetables.
Cutting down on the toxins before you leave home will reduce the shock to your system when the detox begins:
- Reducing or stopping intake of coffee, tea and soft drinks.
- Minimising or ceasing alcohol and cigarette intake.
- Limiting processed foods, particularly those with preservatives, artificial flavours and colours.
- Minimising red meat intake or choosing small servings of organically reared meats.
- Minimising or ceasing sugar.
Increase Cleansing Support
Start getting your body used to raw foods, juices and an increased water intake.
- Increase your raw food intake. This includes salads, vegetables, seaweeds, fruits, sprouts, nuts and seeds. Ideally your daily diet should be about 50% raw.
- Drink plenty of the best water available to you. Gradually increase your intake to 8 glasses per day.
- Aim to drink vegetable or wheatgrass juices every day.
Whilst we recognise that the demands of your day-to-day life can make it difficult to follow these guidelines, the more you can follow these tips, the easier your transition into your detox will be.
For help with finding the right healing holiday for you, contact our wellness consultants on 020 7843 3597 or send an enquiry.