Hatha Yoga forms the traditional root of all yoga systems and extends well beyond being a sophisticated physical exercise system. It integrates ideas of ethics, diet, cleansing and pranayama (breathing exercises) in combination with Raja Yoga meditation and is a system for the spiritual development of the yogi. What can you expect:
- Practice asanas, breathing & relaxation techniques and build an overall practice that suits your needs
- Learn to de-stress & practice the art of awareness to adopt a more objective approach to life
- Understand the philosophy behind the yogic teachings and their application to modern life
Yoga and Meditation Workshop at Nira Alpina will be led by Sandeep Agarwalla, Head of Yoga at Ananda in the Himalayas.
After living the life of a Yogi and studying at the prestigious Bihar Yoga Bharti with an MA in Yoga Physiology, Sandeep chose to teach in the Bihar Yoga centres in different parts of the country to further hone his skills. He is a passionate proponent of traditional Hatha Yoga and believes in the symphony of asanas, conscious breathing and mindfulness to create a unique balance. Here at Nira Alpina, he will teach a 3-day yoga and meditation workshop that aims to help one develop and achieve a balance from within.
This retreat is available for the following dates in 2019: 29 Aug - 01 Sep 2019
Including accommodation, half board and a 3 night programme
- Half Board
The 3-night programme has the below schedule:
Arrival: 29 August, Thursday
Orientation to the programme, one-on-one discussions to assess personal health and lifestyle. Each day includes 4 hours of workshop sessions
(Day 1 - Day 3), 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.
Day 1 : 30th August, Friday
Gentle Asanas to unlock the joints, unwind and release tension in the body and mind; introduction to Pranayama and Yoga Nidra for deep relaxation.
Day 2 : 31st August, Saturday
Gentle progression to the next level of asanas to create balance and endurance, pranayama and Antar Mouna meditation to learn how to withdraw from the senses.
Day 3: 1st September, Sunday
Morning session only, focusing on asanas to build endurance, advanced pranayama, and Ajapa Japa to centre the thought process.
Departure: 12 noon, 1st September, Sunday
Added Value Offer**
- Complimentary 55 mins Ananda Fusion a tailor-made massage (approx. USD 100) for each guest
- Complimentary guided ancient temple tour in Rishikesh per room
Valid with a minimum 7-night wellness programme. T&C applies.
Free Night Offer**
Enjoy free nights stay with either a
- Stay 10 nights and pay for 9 nights offer
- Stay 14 nights and pay for 12 nights offer
- Stay 21 nights and pay for 18 nights offer
Must book a wellness programme. Valid for stays from 01 Sep - 31 Oct 2019. T&C applies.
- Receive a 10% discount on your booking if you have booked Ananda before
- If you have completed 21 nights or 3 stays (Ananda Yogis) at Ananda before you can enjoy
- A 10% discount on your booking
- Choice of additional benefits (5/6 nights stay – any 3 benefits; 7 nights or more – any 5 benefits)
- Upgrade at the time of booking
- Early Check-In & Late Check-Out
- 1 Spa therapy (85 minutes) / 55 mins Ananda Fusion massage *
- 1 Personalised yoga session
- 1 Personalised meditation session
- 1 Personalised fitness session
- 1 Personalised cuisine demonstration and guided session with our Chef
- 1 Visit to experience the Ganga Aarti at Rishikesh *
- 1 Unique dining experience (special menu created by our chefs)*
*Only two of these benefits can be availed in a single stay. Valid till 02 Jan 2020. T&C applies.
**None of these offers are combinable. These offers are not available on fixed date retreats.