Newly arrived guests visit the health centre for a consultation and diagnosis with an Ayurvedic doctor, who creates an individual programme of treatments for each guest consisting of oil, herbal massages, herbal baths, herbal medicines and liqueurs, in addition to a tailormade diet for their stay at Barberyn.
A healthy diet is an integral part of Ayurveda. At Barberyn, each meal provides various examples of all the Ayurvedic food taste categories that influence our body energy, and there is always a trained Ayurvedic dietician on hand to advise guests on the foods to take and avoid according to their prescribed treatments.
Barberyn encourages self-awareness and spiritual development with its offering of yoga, Tai Chi and meditation classes. There are no TVs in the room to encourage guests’ self-reflection and create a tranquil environment. There is a library at the resort with a wide selection of books. Both resorts also organise regular sightseeing trips to the surrounding countryside for the guests.
Please note that guests do not choose their treatment. During consultations with the doctors, the treatments will be prescribed according to your specific needs. All guests must be booked onto the Ayurveda programme.
Including flights, transfers, accommodation & programme
- Return economy flights
- Accommodation in a Classic Room
- Full board accommodation - breakfast, lunch and dinner, morning and afternoon tea/or fruit juice
In addition to the above, the 14-night Barberyn Ayurveda Programme includes:
- Initial Ayurveda consultation with physician and subsequent consultations.
- Ayurveda treatment as prescribed by the physician. This includes all therapies.
- Freshly made herbal decoctions
- Herbal elixirs
- Head oil application (massage)
- Face oil application (massage)
- Synchronised oil massage
- Herbal bath or steam bath
- Any other therapies as prescribed by the physician according to medical requirements.
- Food demonstrations
- Short excursions
- Culture/music programmes