Tucked away in a lush valley, overlooking the coast of southern Koh Samui, lies the hypnotically-beautiful Kamalaya. The award winning Kamalya is located in Koh Samui, Thailand. This beautiful island is abundant in sandy beaches, coral reefs, and coconut trees. The spiritual energy is so pure and intense, it’s no wonder that Buddhist monks came here to contemplate, and it’s around their cave of worship that the resort has been built. Everything is geared for total and complete transformation. At Kamalaya, everything is directed towards a self-discovery.
It’s just recently been revamped, so the rooms are bright and airy, and the additions of a three-storey fitness emporium and a 25-metre pool means it now is also the best looking, and best equipped spa in Thailand, if not Asia. The joy of staying in this most stellar of spas is that you will be nurtured by some of Asia’s best healers. You can expect the Traditional Chinese Medicine to be top notch as Karina Stewart, the owner, is a master of TCM. All of the treatments dig deep and are given by caring and loving therapists.
Many of the counsellors have been monks, (and you will also get the best overseas visiting experts), the near-vegan food is delectable, and your mouth will zing with the Asian fusion taste explosion. There is no calorie counting here, that’s not the Kamalaya way, you can have a little of what you fancy, and even have the odd glass of organic wine for dinner in the evening. There is a state-of-the-art diagnostic centre, a mass of interesting classes, with new Optimum Fitness programmes been introduced shortly. There are all sorts of yoga, and Pilates that will burn your core, and there are meditation experts who will teach you to clear your mind, and to let go. The spa, the super-organized power centre of the resort provides every conceivable type of healing - Ayurveda used to de-stress and recover; sleep enhancement programmes aided by acupuncture; and cognitive healing, releasing therapy to cope with loss and bereavement.
New to Kamalaya are group Life Enhancement retreats that allow for guests to reflect and heal collectively. Kamalaya is the ultimate place to go to fix your issues, it’s perfect for the stressed-out, adrenalin-depleted city goer, or for those who want to slow down their pace.
To find out why Kamalaya was crowned the Best Destination Spa of 2016, read the article from the Conde Nast Traveller Spa Guide.
7 nights package with flights, transfers, accommodation in a Hillside room, breakfast & 5% discount included.*
Detox | Fitness | Yoga & Pilates | Weight-Loss | Rejuvenation | Ayurveda | Holistic Healing
Detox and cleansing is big at Kamalaya with several packages offering simple, yet effective programmes including treatments such as a detox scrub & wrap and Vital Essence oil massage. There are ‘traditional’ spa treatments such as massages and facials, but the big draw at Kamalaya is on holistic therapies such as naturopathy, reiki and acupuncture.
Spa Treatments at Kamalaya
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation
- Tui Na Chinese Medical Massage
- Wellness Consultation
- Wellness Follow-up Consultation
- Naturopathic Consultation
- Thyroid Testing & Analysis
- Lymphatic Drainage Treatment
- Nutritional Guidance
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Colon Hydrotherapy
- Flower Remedies
- Stress Management
- Mind-Body Balance
- Personal Mentoring
- Royal Ayurvedic Traditional Massage
- Royal Ayurvedic Traditional Four Hand Massage
- Marma Point Massage
- Kati Vasti
- Pathaganjaly (massage using the feet)
- Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage)
- Indian Head Massage
- Traditional Asian Hand Massage
- Traditional Asian Foot Massage
- Traditional Thai Massage
- Vital Essence Oil Massage
- Oriental Herbal Detoxifying Body Scrub & Wrap
- Lotus Seed Scrub
- Lotus Blossom Wrap
- Lotus Scrub & Wrap
- Aloe Vera Wrap
- Sodashi Salt Serenity
- Sodashi Scalp Treatment
Delicious with both Thai and international dishes available. A vegetarian detox menu is also offered, which is tasty, locally grown and organic as far as possible. Expect dishes like beetroot tartare with papaya, lime and wasabi dressing.
Sanskrit for 'food of the gods', Soma is close to the main facilities and overlooks Kamalaya valley, offering spectacular views of the coast and outlying islands. Intimate tables are arranged throughout the spacious room, in addition to a ‘community table' where guests may unite for dining.
Translates from Sanskrit as ‘divine nectar’, and is located by the swimming pools at the edge of flowering lotus ponds, overlooking the sea.
The Alchemy Tea Lounge
Located above Soma Restaurant offers light snacks and a diverse range of elixirs, juices and medicinal herbal teas and infusions. With comfortable couches and breath-taking views, it is a great venue for guests to gather throughout the day and into the evening.
- Tai Chi
- Thai Boxing
- Cardio Combat
- & many more
- Gallery shop featuring a variety of local handicrafts and essentials
- Art gallery exhibiting international art - painting, photography, sculptures and prints
- 24hr library and TV lounge with internet facilities
- A leisure swimming pool and a lap pool
- Shakti Fitness Centre
- Herbal Steam Cavern
- Plunge Pools
- Elixir Bar
- Yoga Pavilion
- Yoga Sala
Situated in the undeveloped southeast of the island of Koh Samui, Kamalaya overlooks the pristine waters of the Gulf of Thailand. Mixing clean Asian design and serious style you’ll find dark wood floors, floor-to-ceiling glass doors and private pools in some of the 26 villas and 10 suites.
Kamalaya is 45 minutes by car from Koh Samui International Airport. Koh Samui is usually accessed via Bangkok, although there are other alternative gateways.
- Bag yourself one of the new Pool suites, not only will you wake to jaw-dropping views of the sea, but you will be close to the action of the Spa and Fitness area
- Remember to check the calendar for the visiting practitioners. Pre-book so that you do not miss out
- Make sure to book a treatment in the open-air treatment room for a special experience
- Don’t forget to release lanterns into the night sky on Friday nights
- Book the newly built rooms to avoid the steep hill
Exclusive Voucher for Healing Holidays guests: Receive a £150 spa voucher to enjoy if you book any 7 night programme.
- Bonus nights for repeat guests: Stay 4 / Pay 3, Stay 5 / Pay 4, Stay 6, Pay 4, Stay 7 / Pay 5, Stay 8 / Pay 6, Stay 9 / Pay 7 or Stay 10 or more nights and get 3 free nights / max. 3 bonus nights*
*Valid from 20 February - 30 April, 2017.
- Bonus nights for first time guests: Stay 4 / Pay 3, Stay 5 / Pay 4, Stay 6 / Pay 5, Stay 7 / Pay 6, Stay 8 / Pay 7, Stay 9 or more nights and get 2 free nights / max. 2 bonus nights*
* Valid 13 March - 30 April, 2017.
* 5% discount only available for a min of 7 nights stay and available for bookings between 1st May to 31st October 2017.