Spectacular beauty abounds at VIVAMAYR Altaussee’s charming health resort located in an unspoilt traditional alpine mountain region. Altaussee’s uber-talented medical director Dr.Sepp Fegerl and his enthusiastic team dive into the spiritual side of original F.X. Mayr medicine. The Mayr Cure is based on the principle that giving an overworked digestive system a break allows other parts of the body to begin to repair themselves. Such are its remarkable effects that the method has reached legendary status, especially when it comes to tackling issues such as stress, chronic fatigue, allergies, arthritis, migraine and sleep problems.
Local thermal waters inspired the invigorating salt based treatments and the uncontaminated alpine air is utilised for oxygen therapies. Personalised VIVAMAYR detoxification programmes are based on the world-renowned Mayr Cure, developed by influential physician Dr. Franz Xavier Mayr. VIVAMAYR's cutting-edge diagnostic techniques include applied kinesiology, comprehensive blood tests, ECG’s, mineral nutrient analyses, hormone testing, fatty acid analyses, CSA Stress tests and mineral nutrient analyses (CCX).
|Nearest Airport: Salzburg Transfer Time: Approx. 90 minutes|
All rooms at the VivaMayr Altaussee have balconies with panoramic views, a tea bar, spacious bathrooms, HD TV’s, Wi-Fi and special health beds.
Head Chef, Martin Stein, creates a modern take on the Mayr gourmet diet and offers fantastic VM cooking classes. His beautifully presented dishes are exceptional in taste with a high nutritional content. The food is locally sourced, organic and individually prepared according to the specific diet plan of each guest. His delicious cuisine makes the meditative quality of healthy calm chewing of the Mayr philosophy very enjoyable.
VIVAMAYR Altaussee offers many outdoor activities such as walking, mountain climbing and cycling, which are suitable for various levels. Depending on the season, opt for either swimming or skiing. Fitness buffs can exercise in the gym under the guidance of personal trainers or gain strength and flexibility in yoga or aerial yoga classes. Other activities include daily group movement therapy, VIVAMAYR medical lectures and cooking workshops with Martin Stein.
- Beauty salon, with rejuvenating facials and body treatments
- The 600m2 Altaussee spa, featuring:
- Thermal water pool
- Steam room
- Watsu pool
- Fitness area, equipped with Technogym cross-trainers
Perfectly poised between the banks of Lake Altaussee and the foot of Loser Mountain, VIVAMAYR Altaussee is situated in a pristinely beautiful natural area with panoramic views of the majestic Austrian Alps. The building blends seamlessly with its serene surroundings and is at one with nature, its design incorporating wood, natural slate and glass.
Direct flights to Salzburg depart from many large UK cities. Once at Salzburg airport, getting to VIVAMAYR is an easy, scenic 90-minute drive.
- Go to all the medical lectures - a great way to meet other guests.
- Book a cookery lesson with award winning chef, Martin Stein, and try the cold pressed omega 3 6 9 oils.
- Learn to let go with a session of Aerial Yoga.
- Indulge in sound healing therapy with Isabella.
- Go on plenty of walks around the mesmerising lake and stunning side valleys.
- Come in May if you love flowers for the unique Narcissus flower festival.
- Come mid-August to enjoy fireworks on the lake - a highlight of the summer season.
- Visit the stunning summer residence of Emperor Franz Josef and his legendarily beautiful wife Sisi (Elisabeth) in Bad Ischl.
- Remember to order your lunch package the day before you leave.
Enjoy a 25% discount on accommodation when you stay at VIVAMAYR Altaussee between 1st December 2017 to 28th February 2018.
Stay with Basic Medical Treatment
VIVAMAYR Altaussee | Austria
VIVAMAYR Altaussee, near Salzburg, overlooks a crystal clear lake with breahtaking mountain views. Here, the fresh air is intoxicating; and local mineral rich thermal waters and Glaubersalt from Sandling-Massiv Moutain are incorporated into healing treatments. Dr. Sepp Fegerl and his young, enth…