Raw beetroot and cucumber detox juice recipe
Beetroot contains many beneficial, healing properties; it’s full of the good stuff your body needs to thrive. This glorious root vegetable is not only a great source of potassium, it also helps to lower blood pressure and is also a great source of minerals, which is why a lot of diabetics opt for beetroot juices and salads.
This raw beetroot and cucumber detox juice is the perfect drink to enjoy for your breakfast, or as a mid-morning snack. It’s bursting with nutrients, tastes great and on a hot day, it’s cooling and refreshing. Begin your detox now; gather up your ingredients, follow our recipe and whizz everything round in your juicer, then simply enjoy this wholesome drink, which reaps so many health benefits.
This delicious juice should typically take around 10 minutes to prepare
Serves: This recipe serves two
- 1 red beetroot (small)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 small apples/1 large apple
- ½ Lemon/Lime
- 2 carrots
- ½ inch of peeled ginger
- 2 sticks of celery
- Citrus squeezer
1. Before chopping, wash all fruit and vegetables in clean running water, drain in a colander and then pat them dry, ready to be juiced.
2. Peel the beetroot and chop into fine slices.
3. Peel the apple(s) and remove the core, then chop into long slices.
4. Remove the leaves off the celery and chop into long slices, then chop the cucumber and carrots in the same way.
5. Add all prepared ingredients into the glass or container you’ve chosen to for juicing.
6. Blend all the fresh ingredients together; once juiced, stir with a spoon, taste and enjoy the fresh taste of this delicious juice.
7. Add a zesty finish to this refreshing drink by squeezing a lemon/lime. Simply chop in half, use your citrus squeezer, then empty the freshly squeezed juice and mix in.
Our top tips:
- Choose your beetroot carefully. When shopping for the ingredients for this recipe, select a firm beetroot by feeling the texture of it before you buy.
- When it comes to deciding on which type of apple to use, we recommend a Braeburn or a Honeycrisp. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have these types of apple, but if you do, add them to your juice as their sweet, honey-like taste add great flavour.
- There is no real time limit when making this juice; it all depends on your juicer and the size of the fruit and vegetables you are using, as they can massively vary in size. Just keep an eye on the texture as you’re juicing and avoid drinking before the pulp has properly blended.