Miso Glazed Roast Kohlrabi & Mega Omega Boost
Founder of Punch Foods, Alexandra Dudley, shares one of her favourite meals - miso glazed roast kohlrabi, with a sprinkle of her very own ‘Mega Omega’ Superseeds for an added healthy kick.
A note from Alexandra - A wonderfully versatile vegetable, kohlrabi is perfect for those on a low carb diet. Similar to celeriac, this recipe acts as a beautiful side dish or replacement for potatoes.
- 4 Whole Kohlrabi
- 2 heaped tbsp. Organic Miso Paste
- 4 tbsp. Organic rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. Organic Tamari
- 2 tsp. Organic Sesame oil
- 2 tsp. coconut oil or 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Sprinkling of Punch Foods Superseeds - Mega Omega
Using the leaves as well as the main body of the vegetable, we avoid all waste as well as adding greenery to the dish. Finished off with a sprinkling of our delicious Mega Omega Superseeds this dish is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Here's how to do it:
- Trim the leafy bits of the kohlrabi, reserving for later and continue to chop the outer tough green skin of the kohlrabi.
- Discard the tough skin and chop the kohlrabi into about 1inch pieces.
- Mix all of the glaze ingredients together in a bowl, add the kohlrabi and coat in the mixture using your hands.
- Spread evenly over a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at 180° for 30 minutes checking and turning after 20 minutes.
- During the last ten minutes of the kohlrabi’s roasting time quickly steamfry the kohlrabi leaves in a saucepan using your oil of choice adding a touch of water to aid the process.
- Remove the Kohlrabi from the oven, transfer to a bowl and combine with the leaves.
- Sprinkle with ‘Mega Omega’ Superseeds and serve.