PRE-SPA: Tips for Surviving a Detox
If you are embarking on a proper detox it makes sense to try and put some ground work in before you leave – its going to be hard enough when you get there, let alone if you stuff yourself with last-minute chocolates and chips.
- Resist the temptation to binge eat before a detox. Instead, try to start your days with hot water and lemon and if you intend to cut out alcohol, caffeine or sugar then slowly cutting down on these before you leave will lessen the chances of you hitting a wall later.
- Stock-up on herbal teas. Try to cut down on refined carbohydrates, processed foods, and anything unnatural.
- Consider buying a body brush and some Epsom salts.
- Avoid eating late at night.
- Detoxing can make you extremely tired, you may want to pack some DVDs (if your hotel has the facilities) for distraction – evenings can feel very short when you are not really socializing or eating three course meals.